APPLICANT NOTICE ABOUT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
This Notice explains your rights under the California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”) (Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.100 et seq.) and helps you understand how Ava Labs, Inc. (together with our subsidiaries and affiliates, “Company”, “we”, “us”, or “our”) collects and uses your Personal Information in compliance with the CCPA. The CCPA provides a right to notice at collection for certain California residents including prospective employees (“Applicants” or “you”). In this Notice, the terms “Applicant” or “you” refer to job applicants or candidates for employment with the Company who live in California.
- When This Notice Applies
This Applicant Notice applies to information that identifies, relates to, describes, is reasonably capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with you or your household (“Personal Information”). We collect Personal Information from and about Applicants in the context of reviewing, assessing, considering, managing, storing, or processing applications or otherwise considering Applicants for a position with the Company. This Applicant Notice does not apply to information we collect from employees or contractors (which is subject to separate privacy notices). We may provide Applicants additional notices about our data collection practices that are covered by other laws (for example, if we conduct a background check or extend an employment offer).
- What Information We Collect
The categories of Personal Information we collect and use may vary depending on location or the position(s) applied for, as well as the associated qualifications and responsibilities for the position.
This Applicant Notice does not address or apply to our collection of Personal Information that is not subject to the CCPA, such as consumer credit reports and background checks, publicly available data lawfully made available from state or federal government records, or other information that is exempt under the CCPA.
3.1 Categories of Information We Collect
The following lists the categories of Personal Information we collected in the last twelve (12) months. We will not collect additional categories of Personal Information without first providing you notice.
- Personal Identifiers. Identifiers such as a name, alias, signature, postal address, telephone number, Internet Protocol address, and email address. We also collect personal identifiers about your emergency contact, if you provide this information during the recruitment process.
- Characteristics of Protected Classifications Under California or Federal Law. We collect your date of birth, gender identity, citizenship, racial or national origin, disability information, and military or veteran status if you provide this information as part of your application.
- Professional or Employment-Related Information. We collect information related to your employment history during the recruitment process. We will not request or collect your salary history information during the application process.
- Education Information. As part of your application, we collect information about your educational history or background.
- Internet and Network Information. If you use a personal device to apply to us online, we may collect your interaction with our website or cookie data.
- Purposes for Collecting and Using Personal Information
We use the Personal Information we collect for the following business and commercial purposes. We will not use the Personal Information we collect for materially different purposes without first providing you notice.
- Recruiting and Hiring. We use the Personal Information we collect from your application and through the interview process to evaluate your qualifications and eligibility for employment. This usage includes identifying Applicants, scheduling interviews, conducting background checks, evaluating qualifications, extending offers, communicating with Applicants, maintaining Applicant information or future consideration, and supporting our equal opportunity employment practices.
- Onboarding. We use Personal Information to complete new hire paperwork, enroll you in our HR system, and set up your personnel file.
- Business Operations. We use Personal Information to guide our recruiting, hiring, and onboarding efforts, maintain files and support our business operations.
- Legal Obligations and Government Reporting. We use the Personal Information we collect to comply with mandatory government reporting requirements and other applicable legal obligations, such as hiring eligibility and responding to subpoenas and court orders.
- To Otherwise Comply with Applicable Laws. We use the Personal Information we collect to comply with employment and labor laws and regulations, social security and tax laws, environmental regulations, workplace safety laws and regulations, and other applicable laws, regulations, opinions, and guidance.
- Sending Updates and Information Outside of the Working Relationship. We may send you information about other opportunities at the Company.
- Conducting Surveys. We may request feedback on your application experience.
- Additional Rights Under California Law
At this time, the CCPA does not afford you the right to make requests regarding your Personal Information. The Company will inform you about any policies and procedures related to such rights if they become available. This does not affect other rights you may have under the California Labor Code or similar laws.
Beginning on January 1, 2023, your rights under the CCPA, including the rights to request access and delete information, may change. We update our disclosures annually and recommend that you review this notice to see how your rights may have changed.
- How You Are Protected Against Discrimination
The Company will not unlawfully discriminate against you for exercising any of your rights under the CCPA. This commitment applies to all persons involved in our operations and prohibits unlawful discrimination by any Contractor of the Company, including supervisors and coworkers.
Nothing in this Notice restricts the Company’s ability to:
- Comply with federal, state, or local laws;
- Comply with a civil, criminal, or regulatory inquiry, investigation, subpoena, or summons by federal, state, or local authorities;
- Cooperate with law enforcement agencies concerning conduct or activity that may violate federal, state, or local law;
- Exercise or defend legal claims;
- Detect security incidents and protect against fraudulent or illegal activity and prosecute those responsible for such activity; or
- Transfer Personal Information as part of a merger or acquisition, dissolution, bankruptcy, or any other transaction in which a third party assumes control of all or part of the Company.
8. Changes to This Notice
This Notice is reviewed and updated annually to ensure it accurately captures our practices and procedures. The effective date of this version is posted below.
9. Resolving Concerns and How to Contact Us
If you have questions or concerns regarding this Notice or the handling of your Personal Information, please contact us email@example.com.
EFFECTIVE DATE: July 26, 2022